Prepare your skin for season change
September 17 2021·
September 17 2021·
Fall has barely started, but we can already feel the cool breeze throughout most of Europe. The season change can be stressful for both skin and body, which is why adapting certain habits to the weather trends is recommended. Even though you might not feel the difference straight away, long term effects may appear if you are careless.
Here are a few tips that might help your skin look well and healthy throughout the cold seasons:
- Step up your moisturiser game: just as you might switch to heavier clothing, using a thicker moisturiser will keep your skin healthy and prevent drying. Even if certain days still feel like the summer hasn’t quite given up yet, anticipating the shift of temperatures will benefit you in the long term.
- Don’t skip body lotion: adding lotion to your beauty care is an important step we recommend following. We tend to forget about this as we cover up in comfy clothes. Despite the coverage, skin can get easily irritated and itchy and dry out without us even noticing. Lotion will prevent this from happening and keep your body moisturised and protected throughout the colder months.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate: with dryer weather comes inevitable dead skin cells. Letting them build up will clog pores and … well we all know that’s not good. Exfoliating two to three times a week will help you stay on top of a skin disaster. But keep in mind, too much exfoliation will dry out your skin and bring you back to step one.
- Drink up! No matter the season, staying hydrated is an important step in health and beauty care. We know how hard it can be to keep up with the known standards, which is why we recommend you setting up your own objectives. You can use a reusable bottle to save up and protect our dear planet.
- Finally, lips: our skin doesn’t like sudden transitions, which explains the forever dry lips in fall and especially winter. Applying a moisturising balm regularly will help you keep them nice and soft all day.
Leaving summer behind isn’t fun, but taking care and treating yourself will make the upcoming months go by smoothly. A little bit of day and night time treatment might make your skin feel like bikini season all over.